Thursday, March 21, 2013

Wellington Botanical Gardens


 

We went to the Wellington Botanical Gardens on Tuesday.  It was lovely.  Here are some of my best pictures:

Flower beds at Entrance
 
 

Trees and bushes we on both sides of the paths.  The gardens cover a huge area, and there were lots of paths like this.  The light was shining through the trees.  Gorgeous!




The Entrance to the Rose Garden
It went back to the white buildings.  Many of the roses were fragrant.  What a treat!

The Begonias were my favorite display. 
They were in the white building, so they were kept cooler. 

 

I love the colors
 

 
 
A Lilly Pad Pond

This arrangement is so pretty.
 
The view at the top of the hill was beautiful!
 





 


 
 

Can you believe this tree?
I do not know how they shaped it
and keep it that way!


A cable car transports passengers to and from the Planetarium, gift
shop, and city viewing areas at the top of the hill.  Cute!
 
 

At the end of a dead-end street, we saw this sign on a truck.  It says:  Pass with Care.  By the looks of things, it would be very difficult to pass that truck.  I still laugh when I think about it.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment